September 24, 2023

IO Journal

Latest News

Samsung launches Galaxy F62 featuring Exynos 9825, 7,000mAh battery

2 min read
Samsung launches Galaxy F62 featuring Exynos 9825, 7,000mAh battery

After teasing a new mid-range smartphone for over a week, Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy F62 in India. The new smartphone features an interesting set of specifications, including a high-end processor and a massive battery.

The Galaxy F62 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED+ Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution and Gorilla Glass 3+ protection. It runs Android 11 with One UI 3.1 out of the box. At the front, the Galaxy F62 has a 32MP selfie camera. At the rear, the phone has a quad-camera setup, consisting of a 64MP primary camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth sensor. The phone can record 4K videos using front and rear cameras.

Samsung has equipped the Galaxy F62 with the Exynos 9825 processor, which was also used in the Galaxy Note 10 and the Galaxy Note 10+. The Exynos 9825 is a 7nm chipset with two Mongoose M4 CPU cores, two Cortex-A75 CPU cores, four Cortex-A55 CPU cores, and a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU. The processor is faster than all the mid-range processors right now. The phone has 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. It has a polycarbonate body that is 9.5mm thick and weighs 218 grams.

Other features of the Galaxy F62 include a side-mounted fingerprint reader, Samsung Pay, and Secure Folder. Connectivity features include GPS, dual-SIM card slot, LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. It is powered by a 7,000mAh battery and supports up to 25W fast charging and wired reverse charging. It will be available in three colors: Laser Blue, Laser Green, and Laser Grey.

In India, the Galaxy F62 is priced at INR 23,999 (around $330) for the variant with 6GB RAM and INR 25,999 (around $358) for the variant with 8GB RAM. The smartphone will go on sale via Flipkart, Reliance Digital, select Reliance Jio Stores, and Samsung’s website, starting from February 22 (at 12:00 PM). Samsung is also offering a cashback of INR 2,500 on purchases made using ICICI Bank credit and debit cards.

Customers can also choose to pay just 70% of the phone’s price via the Flipkart Smart Upgrade plan, which is powered by Galaxy Forever. After one year, buyers can upgrade to a newer Galaxy phone or pay the remaining 30% of the phone’s price to keep the Galaxy F62.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *